Friday, July 22, 2011

Nerd Mom

First I'd like to apologize for not updating last week. I say I'm going to update every Friday and it doesn't take me long to forget. :) Anyway, real quick before we get into the meat of this blog, no word yet on the job for Daniel. We have to wait for their decision on Monday or Tuesday. So here's hoping *crosses fingers*

I'm a nerd and thus, my children will most likely be nerds as well. So, I figured that I'd start the indoctrination/brain washing early for Will. A week or so ago I found the entire Star Trek: Next Generation series on Netflix. I was thrilled because even when I was young I had a crush on Captain Picard and on Wesley Crusher. So I started watching the show and I average about 2 episodes a day.

Normally, when I watch a show on Netflix I skip the intro credits, but Will started getting excited to see the stars ("star" was one of his first words) and watch the Enterprise whoosh across the screen. Then, just the other day I heard Will trying to hum a few notes of the theme. It made my Mommy Nerd heart proud. :)

I think the next step will either be Dragon Heart or Star Wars. Gotta keep the sci-fi/fantasy love going strong in the blood line. :D

So tell me, fellow nerd parents, what nerdy things have you gotten your kids into? Love to read comments. ;)

Pimpage!
Today I'd like to pimp one of my all time favorite websites Absolute Write Forums. It's a forum for writers of all types, ages, and levels of experience. So if you like to write and you want to connect to other writers, get feedback on stuff you've written, and just have a good time come join me. :) My username on there is Kricket (as if you couldn't guess).

Well, that's it, thank you for reading and I love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there nerd mom... you should never skip opening credits!! That's the part all kids love! I'm addicted to Monk on Netflix, and as soon as that opening song starts, Analisa drops EVERYTHING and comes running to dance. I love it.

    ReplyDelete