Thursday, January 14, 2010

Excercising is Good for You

One of my New Years Resolutions this year is to lose all the extra weight I gained while being pregnant. Now before I go on, allow me to rant a little bit. I want to head all of you off at the pass labeled, "But you're so skinny! You don't need to lose weight! Now you look normal like the rest of us!" I am aware that to most of the population, especially the female side of it, I have always been smaller than average. Before I got pregnant I weighed 100lbs (and I'm 5'7", just for reference). Now, about 8 weeks after giving birth, I weigh 130lbs. 130 is pretty normal for women about my height, but not for me. Just think of it this way, I gained, and kept, 30lbs after giving birth (I was in the 150's right before Will was born and most of that was water weight that made my feet look like elephant feet).

Anyway, being 130 is defiantly not normal for me. And honestly, it's not about what the scale says, it's more about getting my body back. Because I don't care how big or small you were before you had a baby, afterwards, you're not the same person. Mostly, I want my flat tummy back. I was blessed to have one before without trying and it's a little depressing that I now have to work for it like everyone else. So, please no comments on how I don't need to lose weight or workout. If you've never had a baby you, frankly, have no room to talk; but if you have, then I'm sure you can understand.

Anyway... So I bought a couple exercise DVDs a while back and they just came in the mail earlier this week. I got one that it postnatal taebo and a belly dancing one. I started using the taebo one this morning and I like it a lot. I work out with it for twenty minutes on the mornings that I work and it gives me a light sweat and gets my heart pumping. Only thing is, it's made me realize how uncoordinated I am. I tried taebo once a long time ago and I thought I remembered how to do it, but I was wrong. But I'm sure I'll get better the more I do it.

My goal is to be able to fit into size 4 jeans, maybe 5. I was a 3 before pregnancy, but I really don't think my hips will let me get back into those, but we'll see.

Well, I better go finish getting dressed so I can get to work, yay fun.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck!! I have the hardest time ever getting up the motivation to exercise. I'm worried I'm going to gain WAY to much weight in pregnancy! I've been thinking about trying TaeBo too, it seems more fun.

    -Stephanie (Daniel's cousin... sort of)

    P.S. - Awesome that you're a writer, that's a great talent! Also what CU do you work for? I'm a back-up lead teller at America First.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same CU! Yay! What branch do you work at?

    ReplyDelete