Thursday, January 31, 2013

Book Review: Memories of the Future

Info and Picture taken from Amazon

5 STARS


From Encounter at Farpoint to Datalore, relive the first half of Star Trek: The Next Generation’s unintentionally hilarious first season through the eyes, ears and memories of cast member and fan Wil Wheaton (Wesley Crusher) as he shares his unique perspective in the episode guide you didn’t even know you were dying to read. 
ENJOY snarky episode recaps! 
EXPAND your Technobabble vocabulary! 
AMUSE your friends with quotable dialog! 
BOLDLY go behind the scenes!
~~~

So I heard about this book online, bought and read it in about 4 hours yesterday. I could have taken a nap because a truely amazing miracle happened and both of my boys slept at the same time, for the same amount of time. But no, I was too busy laughing at Wil Wheaton being snarky.

If you're a fan of Wil Wheaton in general and a fan of Star Trek: Next Generation then I highly recommend this book. I love all the snarky retelling of the episodes and the honesty that Wheaton inserts throughout the entire thing.

Now, I came to my love of ST:TNG late in game. When the episodes originally aired, I was 1 year old. It wasn't until my college years and into adult hood that I got to see the entire series. And I, unlike many others, liked Weasley Crusher. I had no idea until reading this book why people hated that character so much.

Wheaton puts an interesting spin on everything that happened while making those first 12 episodes and now I want to re-watch that first half of the first season to see if I now notice all those little things he pointed out.

So if you're a TNG fan, I suggest you read this book. It's only 138 pages long. And I really hope Wheaton continues to write these.

Also, in related news, this happened on Twitter yesterday. :D



No comments:

Post a Comment