Monday, March 17, 2014

Goodbye Blogger

This will be the last time I post on blogger. I am now switching everything over to my new WordPress blog, Kricket's Korner.

There's a couple reasons why I'm doing this.

1. Technical difficulties. A few months ago I got this Surface which has Windows 8 RT on it, not realizing the difference between RT and regular Windows. I thought the Surface would just be a touch screen laptop, but it's more of an inflated tablet and thus has some limitations. One of those is that it does not play nicely with Google. I can't download Chrome and things such a Blogger just don't work without a dozen error messages. So, since I can't use Blogger easily on my main computer, it was time for a change.

2. Consolidation. I've been running two separate blogs for a while now and it's just become a hassle. I've been wanting to put them together but I wasn't sure how I could do it. It just seems easier to start over.

3. Everybody's doing it! Well, a lot of people I know use WordPress and it doesn't have the Google connection like Blogger. So it seems like a good way to go. Anyway, I have managed to import all my post from Konfessions and Kricket Writes, so everything will be there, but we're going to be starting fresh now. So please, come find me over at Kricket's Korner! The place might have changed and the format might change, but it's still me and that why we're here, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment