Friday, February 28, 2014

Book Review: The Ocean At The End Of The Lane

5 STARS



A brilliantly imaginative and poignant fairy tale from the modern master of wonder and terror, The Ocean at the End of the Lane is Neil Gaiman’s first new novel for adults since his #1 New York Times bestseller Anansi Boys.

This bewitching and harrowing tale of mystery and survival, and memory and magic, makes the impossible all too real...

This was a very interesting and imaginative book. It's told from the point of view of an older man looking back on events that happened to him as a child. So it blends the initial thoughts of the child and the realizations of the adult man.

As is typical for Gaiman, the images his writing invokes are pretty amazing. Some pretty and light while others are dark and dangerous. It was a really enjoyable and short read and you leave it thinking. I like books that make me think.

If you're already a Gaiman fan, I highly suggest this. Also, if you're a fan of very imagery driven stories.


In other, blog related, news, since I have a huge back log of posts I want to do, I'm going to start posting twice a week. On Mondays and Fridays. Otherwise it will take me months do write about all the things on my mind and that are relevant to me.

So what book will you be reading this weekend? Tell em in the comments! Thank you for reading and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment